Finals are coming, projects and papers are due. Are you prepared? Take a look at these simple, yet powerful, recommendations to survive these last weeks.
- Create a list of the finals, papers, and projects: Organize these by the date an importance and schedule study-hours to work on each assignment.
- Study in advance: Sometimes it is better to study for fewer hours but more days that study more hours in one day. This way the information has more time to soak into your memory.
- Get full rest every night: The recommended hours are between 7 and 8 hours of sleep a day for daily study sessions.
- Delete those distracting apps from your phone: Instagram, Snapchat, Candy Crush, even those dating apps. Let them go for a couple of weeks!
- Keep a routine: Wake up, study, eat, sleep. Reset. Wake up, study, eat, sleep. This way you will have better time management. Tip: Getting things done during day hours will help you get a better sleep.
- Clean your room: Why? A fresh and clean environment will make you feel better and will help you to put that foot forward towards studying.
- Open the books: Take action! A week before the finals, skim through the chapters so important concepts can be refreshed.
- Ask your professor: Teachers know best. So, if you have any questions while getting prepared, send them an email or schedule a meeting during office hours
- Get motivated: Do you remember what did you know about the subject at the beginning of the term? How are you looking now? Notice any changes? You are getting better!
- Book your tickets!: If you are planning to visit friends and family, book your tickets before finals start so you don’t have to add the stress of finding the dates you want at a cheap price while you are studying.
- Exercise: Get most things done during the day and save a couple of hours during the evening to exercise. This helps your brain to relax from all the thinking you have done and will help you get a better sleep.